Thursday, July 31, 2008

Web 2.0- Photo Sharing/Journal 4

After looking at the discussions about photo sharing I discovered many new ways to share your photos with family members and the public. Before reading these posts I had only been familiar with the Webshots website which is pretty limiting in terms of posting photos and sharing them with people you know. Animoto is a website that allows you to make your own video slideshow and add music to your pictures. Not only can you upload photos, but you can also add effects to them just like the tools in the imovie software. One teacher commented on this software program stating that her students had already been using Photobucket, a program similar to Webshots, and she found the students were not being creative enough. The website is free for small shows, but larger ones cost more. I think that this tool would be great to use in the classroom because my students would be able to add so much more to their presentations and photos in front of the class.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Froeberg said...

The Animoto website sounds really cool! I've only used Shutterfly before, but after reading about Animoto I want to try that! Thats cool it allows you to add music and make a video slideshow out of your photos.

Eliane's 422 said...

Honestly, I've never used any kind of website to share my photos!! But,after this "technological class" and reading about this Animoto web, I will try and start using it!

Joey said...

Thanks for the descriptions of the various photo websites. Each one of these will come in handy.

Joey

Jessica said...

Photo-sharing is a powerful tool that can be used in all subject areas. It promotes creativity and a unique way to share information...beyond the written word. I look forward to using this tool in my classroom to document experiments. Thanks for the websites!